You are not alone. The AAMDSIF HelpLine has trained and compassionate information specialists ready to answer your questions and provide the support you need. To speak with an information specialist, please call (800) 747-2820 , option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please be aware that the AAMDSIF HelpLine is an information and referral line and is not staffed by clinical professionals. We do not provide medical services, diagnosis, treatment recommendations or laboratory test analysis. Our staff can only provide information based upon published materials that have been approved by the Foundation’s Medical Advisory Board and make referrals to independent support resources.
What are the HelpLine Hours?
The AAMDSIF HelpLine is staffed between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day. You can always email us at email@example.com.
Is online chat available?
Yes. It is available on the lower right side of the website. You can chat with our HelpLine staff 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Eastern time, Monday through Friday. If chat is turned off, or our staff is serving another person, you can leave a message and someone will get back to you the next business day.
What do we do?
The AAMDSIF HelpLine has trained information specialists standing by to answer your questions about aplastic anemia, MDS or PNH. We can also provide emotional support, guidance and referrals to national and local resources.
Who do we help?
We can help anyone interested in or affected by a bone marrow failure disease. This includes:
- People living with aplastic anemia, MDS, PNH or related bone marrow failure diseases
- Caregivers and friends of someone living with a bone marrow failure disease
- Anyone who simply wants to learn more about these diseases
How can we help you?
The AAMDS HelpLine provides telephone support, answers emails and responds to online posts.
Some of the topics our information specialists respond to most often include:
- Understanding bone marrow failure diseases
- Available treatment options
- Finding an expert in your disease
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Support groups and AAMDSIF Community Connections
- Emotional support
- Getting connected with a Peer Support Network volunteer
- Educational Conferences and courses
- Requests for free print materials
- Referrals to resources that may provide financial assistance
Get help now by calling the HelpLine at 1 (800) 747-2820, option 2, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact your treating physician or your local emergency response (i.e. 911)